Archive for November, 2012
Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles are on 24/7 hair-trigger alert in silos in Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota. They carry thermonuclear warheads at least eight times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima.
These land-based nuclear missiles should be decommissioned immediately–
· They are located in fixed silos, which makes them easy targets for attack;
· There is an incentive to “use them first or lose them”;
· The high-alert status of these weapons could lead to accidental nuclear war;
· The U.S. government consistently criticizes other nations for conducting missile tests;
· These tests are dangerous to the Marshall Islands, the target country;
· Testing these missiles encourages other nations to develop and test their own missiles and nuclear weapons.
Join us at www.wagingpeace.org/goto/vandenberg to ask the president to stop these provocative nuclear missile tests and to immediately decommission these missiles.
There will be a protest at 12 noon, Tuesday, November 13, in Santa Barbara, at the corner of State & Anapamu Sts. The Air Force tests missiles under the cover of darkness. We protest them in the light of day. If possible, join us to stop this danger to humanity.